These are the small knives most often carried on keychains, in watch pockets, and in pocket-books. They are very popular as promotional or advertising knives, especially the Classic. The little knives became famous for doing big things, perhaps the biggest is a long list of lives they have been credited with saving.
The greatest feature of this series is their size, they are so small that you can easily take them with you anywhere and at all times - although airline flights are now excluded due to the decrease in world intelligence!
The 58mm sized pocket tools are available in a wide variety of tool configurations, however these pale in comparison to the number of different colors, design prints, and handle materials that have been produced over the years, which runs into many thousands, when custom and advertising knives are included.
The list below shows the 58mm models that have been produced since they were introduced - Most are no longer available. Available models (2018) are marked with an asterix (*), and shown in the image below.
Please see notes on the 2 layer page about layer designation.
From the 1950s the 58mm knives were known primarily by their model numbers such as 623 aCr+ - an early 'Bijou'. Although some models also had descriptive names such as those in the list below, which sometimes varied by region or seller! A full cutover to, and standardisation on the descriptive names we known below, and a new model numbering convention (0.6202 was the new code for the non-SD Bijou) took place in the mid-seventies.
- Caddy Plus
- Classic * - includes Classic SD and several other variations/models
- Commander - See: Bijou
- Deluxe - includes 5 colors and a Gold model
- Drifter - Swiss Bianco exclusive
- Escort * - includes the Escort II
- Flash - includes Alox, Flight, and Laser versions
- Illuminator - See: SwissLite
- Jetsetter Series *
- Manager * - includes Midnite Manager
- Midnight/Midnite Manager * - See: Manager
- Midnite Manager@Work * - See: Manager
- Midnight/Midnite MiniChamp * - See: MiniChamp
- MiniChamp * - includes Midnite and XL models
- Pharmacy Knife
- Physician Knife
- Pocket Pal
- Presentation Master - includes Flight version
- Rally *
- Rambler *
- Signature * - includes Signature II, Signature Lite, and Signature Laser.
- Signature Slim - See: Victorinox@Work
- Slim Flash - includes Slim Flash Duo
- SwissLite *
- SwissMemory - includes Flight, Laser, and Laser Flight versions.
- Talisman - See: Rally
- Victorinox@Work *
- Vintage - See: Escort
- Vintage II - See: Scribe