The SwissMemory is essentially a Victorinox Signature model mated with a USB flash drive.
There are a number of different SwissMemory models making it more of a series, than a single model. The differences include bladed tools, scale tools and memory capacity.
- Small pen blade
- Nail-file - with a screwdriver tip
- USB flash drive - various memory capacities available
Available with Cellidor and Alox scales, translucent red (ruby), and translucent blue (sapphire) in Cellidor; silver for the Alox handles.
The Alox scaled SwissMemory does not have the LED or retractable pen.
This model removes all the bladed tools retaining only the thumb drive, which makes this model acceptable to carry on board an aeroplane.
There is an Alox version of the SwissMemory Flight, with no scale tools.
This model replaces the red LED light with a small red laser pointer in the Cellidor scales. All other things remain the same.
Combining the two above variations, this model removes the blades to make it airline friendly and replaces the LED light with a laser pointer.
The size of the memory in the removable thumb drive varies according to the age of the Swiss Memory model. Early units had as small as 64 Megabytes while the later models had as much as two Gigabytes. Memory capacity is independent of the other variations, ie. any of the model variations may have a different memory capacity.
Sizes available as of April 2007 were 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB.
The Swiss Memory was first introduced in 2005. In 2006 the Flight variation was created, providing a model that was compatible with airline travel.
The laser models were first introduced in early 2007.
- Victorinox@Work - The current (2020) version with a USB device and the Signature toolset
- Victorinox Flash - Very similar functions. This was the second USB Flash Drive series
- Secure - Newer 2010 third generation USB Flash Drive model with biometric authentication and encryption for security
- Slim Flash - Newer 2011 slimmer USB Flash Drive model with encryption option
- Signature Lite - The same as the SwissMemory, but with no thumb drive
- Signature Laser - The same as the SwissMemory Laser, but with no thumb drive
- Bladeless - Another Victorinox model without a blade