Like the Classic-SD, there was also a Bijou-SD that has a screwdriver tip, rather than a nail cleaner tip on end of the nailfile.
The US importer Swiss Army Brands originally sold this knife as a Commander.
Usually standard red Cellidor scales.
It was also available in blue, black, green, white and yellow Cellidor.
Many other colours and scale types were available see Variations below - Not all are listed.
- There is only one tool variation of the Bijou, the Bijou SD. The SD model, like it's cousin the Classic SD, replaces the nail cleaning tip on the end of the nail file with a small screwdriver tip.
- Mother of Pearl scales - Nail cleaning tip model.
- The RocKnives Series, based on the Bijou/Classic was introduced in late 1988, or the early 90s and included six different Bijou models, with natural stone scales, without the toothpick or tweezers (see Identifiers section).
- A series with semi-precious stone scales, without the toothpick or tweezers, was also produced. These are reported to have used scales from a small US manufacturer in Florida.
The Bijou configuration, along with Classic were the first 58mm models introduced in the 1950s. Although they were primarily known by their model numbers at that time (see Identifiers section). Different regions and sellers sometimes even had different names for the models, for instance the Victorinox US Importer SABI (Swiss Army Brands Inc.) originally sold this model as a Commander, and Hoffritz called it the Tinker!
The Bijou name possibly came in the mid 70s when Victorinox brought out a new model numbering convention and started to standardise on decsriptive names.
The SD variation was first introduced in 1987 (tbc).
Both versions are now discontinued. It is not known when either was discontinued, but the original was likely phased out around 1987 when the SD was introduced. While discontinued as an official model, it is still possible that models with this configuration would be available as advertising knives, or in luxury scaled offerings, however they would probably be labelled as variations of the Classic rather than a Bijou.
- 623 aCr+: Pre 1970s model code for the Bijou
- 0.6202: Red Cellidor, cleaner tip
- 0.6222: Bijou-SD red Cellidor, screwdriver tip
- 0.6200.53: Azul Santa Crux (Brasilia) stone scales
- 0.6200.54: Andeer Granit (Switzerland) stone scales
- 0.6200.55: Bel Horizonte (Brasilia) stone scales
- 0.6200.56: Rosa Bertha (Sardinia) stone scales
- 0.6200.57: Bethel White (Canada) stone scales
- 0.6200.58: Baltic Brown (Russia) stone scales