There was also a Companion SD version, which, like the Alox Classic SD, has a screwdriver-tip on the nail file rather than the nail-cleaner tip
- Pen blade
- Nail-file - with cleaner or screwdriver (SD version) tip
- Keyring/Split-ring attachment point
The Companion has smooth Alox scales, usually red, and no scale tools due to the thickness of the scales.
The scales were available in other colours eg blue, silver, green, black
See image and Identifiers section below.
- Earlier versions of the Companion were available with and without the keyring.
- The nail-file on the Companion SD has the screwdriver, rather than the nail-cleaner, tip.
The Companion was available from the 1970s in its many colours.
It is quite collectible due to the attractive colour variations, which are no longer available.
An earlier version of this knife, with the older style scissors and nail-file, was known as the Executive.
It is a discontinued model.
- Length: 58mm
- Width: 5.6mm
- Weight: 16.2g (no keyring version)
- 0.6200.10: The original Companion - Red Alox; no-keyring
These numbers come from A Collector's Guide to 58mm Small Size Pocket Knives by Daniel J. Jacquart.
- 0.6201.2: Blue Alox
- 0.6201.4: Green Alox
- 0.6201.7: White Alox
- 0.6201.13: Black Alox
- 0.6201.30: Matte Polished Steel
- 0.6201.80: Gold Plated Steel
US Model Numbers:
- 53751: Red Alox, no keyring (Note: This model number was accidentally reused later for a different model)
- 53752: Red Alox, keyring
- 53758: Silver Alox, keyring
- 53758: Silver Alox, no keyring
- 54117: Companion-SD - Red Alox
- 54217: Companion-SD - Black Alox
- 54317: Companion-SD - Blue Alox
- 54417: Companion-SD - Light Green Alox
- 54517: Companion-SD - Silver Alox
- Alox Classic SD - Same tool set with ribbed Alox scales
- Broker - Same tool set with stainless steel scales
- Classic - Cellidor scales - Same tool set, but adds the toothpick and tweezers in the scales
- Duchess - A vintage Alox scaled model, with the same toolset and scale material, but the scales having the 'dog-bone' shape
- Pocket Pal - Removes the scissors, no SD variation, same smooth Alox scales
- Executive - Same scales and toolset, but older versions of the tools