In some markets this model was called the Plumber.
The Victorinox Alox Lumberjack has become very popular since 2008. It is not a regular production model, but is manufactured from time to time on request for specific dealers or distributors. The Alox Lumberjack has been made in a wide variety of different colored Alox scales, but never includes the toothpick or tweezers. Swiss Bianco has been the primary dealer offering this model. It is produced in very small quantities compared to regular Victorinox models.
- Large Main Blade
- Wood Saw
- Combo Tool - combines the functions of the can-opener and cap-lifter tools
Alox, Nylon Economy, and Cellidor.
- The Economy Lumberjack did not include toothpick and tweezers, and its reverse tang stamp may be 'ECONOMY' depending on its age.
- The Economy Lumberjack with cap-lifter (2.1311) is less common, and features the regular cap-lifter with the stripper/bender notch.
- Victorinox made a few Big Lumberjacks (91mm) with various scales for the Swiss/US dealer Swiss Bianco. These knives also added a Phillips screwdriver to the back.
- A popular mod project is to turn a My First Victorinox Plus into a Lumberjack by swapping out the main blade from a similar 84mm knife such as the Bantam or by re-profiling the tip of the blunted blade.
The Contemporary Alox Lumberjack
- A special order of only 162 knives with Alox Scales (no toothpick and tweezers) produced by Victorinox was made available in 2007 by Swiss Bianco, a Swiss/US knife maker. Also offered at that time was a run of Lumberjacks with nylon scales colored blue, white, or black which included the toothpick and tweezers.
- In 2009 Victorinox again partnered with Swiss Bianco to release very limited runs of 84mm Alox Lumberjacks in orange, gold, light green, and camo-splash.
- A special-run of 50 brown Alox Lumberjacks was made in February 2011. The knives feature individually numbered blades 50/n with their number from the series, and no keyring.
- In March 2011, Victorinox produced a small number of silver Alox Lumberjack models with the standard red shield for Swiss Bianco. In June 2011, Victorinox produced a number of blue and olive-green Alox Lumberjacks also for Swiss Bianco.
- In August 2012, an Alox Lumberjack in sunset orange was produced in small quantity Swiss Bianco. This shade of orange is not known to have been used before, but several other models were produced at the same time with this new color.
- In January 2013 Swiss Bianco started offering a copper colored Alox Lumberjack from a small exclusive special-run. This edition has a red anodized shield background with the red being a less saturated shade compared to the regular red shields. This particular run uses a non-standard Aluminum liner between the layers rather than the typical nickle-silver based liner used in Alox models. Several other models were produced with copper colored anodizing at the same time.
The earlier horizontally ribbed Alox scaled model 2231 had a similar configuration, as well as this smooth Alox version, but these were not known as Lumberjacks at the time and had a regular caplifter/scredriver. The model 2231 did evolve into the first Alox Lumberjack configuration with the substitution of the cap-lifter tool for the original version of the combo-opener/screwdriver tool.
In 2015 the Walker version was introduced with standard red Cellidor scales including the toothpick and tweezers.
- 2.0511: Cellidor scales, no toothpick or tweezers, hot-stamped 'Economy' shield
- 2.1311: Cellidor scales, regular cap-lifter replaces combo-tool, no toothpick or tweezers, hot-stamped 'Economy' shield
- 2.2313: Red Nylon scales, silver hot stamp shield
- 0.2313: Red Cellidor scales, keyring, tweezers and toothpick: The Walker version
- Bantam - One layer smaller, no saw
- My First Victorinox Plus - Same basic design, blunt tipped blade
- Voyageur - Replaces the saw with scissors
- Camper - Similar functionality, 91mm size, three layers, adds the awl and corkscrew
- Hiker - Similar functionality, 91mm size, three layers, adds the awl and Phillips screw driver
- Farmer - Similar functionality, 93mm size, alox scales, three layers, adds a reamer, replaces comi tool with regular openers
- Classic 66 - similar model from Wenger, adds a corkscrew