The current version contains the pliers, however the original version had scissors.
The Angler Plus (possibly not an official name) adds a wood saw to the Angler and was a less common model.
The Angler Plus is no longer available.
- Large blade
- Small blade
- Fish scaler/Fish hook disgorger/Ruler
- Pliers with wire crimper and cutter - The original configuration had scissors not pliers
- Bottle-opener with large screwdriver & wire stripper
- Can-opener with small screwdriver tip
The Angler Plus adds a:
Standard red synthetic scales
The original Fisherman model was available with a corkscrew or a back-side Phillips. The corkscrew variation became known as the Angler (featuring scissors) at least as early as 1985, as it appeared in the Victorinox/SABI* catalogues for that year.
This original Angler configuration was still in place in the early 1990s, several years after the introduction of the pliers with the SwissChamp in 1986. In the 1992-1994 time frame, Victorinox also made a version of the Angler called the Angler with Pliers. This knife included the pliers as well as the scissors, implying that when this tool was made, the standard Angler configuration was still in production and the pliers were the add-on tool. This configuration is sometimes known as the Deluxe Angler or Angler with Scissors.
The modern Angler configuration with pliers was introduced later.
* SABI = Swiss Army Brands Incorporated - The former importer and distributor for Victorinox in the USA.
- Length: 91mm
- Width: 20.8mm (Original 19.5mm)
- Weight: 112.5g (Original 102g)
- 1.3653.72: Red Cellidor with fish emblem
- 53671 - US Model Number
- 5001 - Older US SABI Number: Red Cellidor, fish emblem, scissors not pliers
- Fisherman - Replaces the pliers with scissors, corkscrew with a back-side Phillips, and adds the multipurpose hook
- Mechanic - Removes the fishscaler/ruler, a Phillips replaces the corkscrew
- Deluxe Angler - Adds scissors, multipurpose hook
- Bass - A similar model made by Wenger