The Fisherman Plus (possibly not an official name) adds a wood saw to the Fisherman and was a less common model.
The Fisherman Plus is no longer available.
- Large knife blade
- Small knife blade
- Fish scaler/ Fish hook disgorger - with ruler
- Bottle-opener with large screwdriver & wire stripper
- Can-opener with small screwdriver tip
The Fisherman Plus adds the:
Red Cellidor scales with a special metal inlay on the top scale of a fish.
Historically several variations were available, adding additional tools to the Fisherman such as the metal file or the wood saw (see History below).
A much older version of the Fisherman with blue scales was also available. This model is highly sought after by collectors !
This model has a long, and slightly confusing, history, involving some significant tool changes, and which is also intertwined with the Angler model.
The fishscaler and back-spring Phillips were both introduced in 1952.
A catalogue from around that time (possibly a little later) shows a 'Sportfischer' (Fisherman) model which is available with a corkscrew (Model 235fa) or a Phillips screwdriver (Model 135fau) and optionally a wood saw (Model 236fau).
It also shows the blue-scaled 'Fischermesser' (Fisherman's knife) which has the corkscrew and adds the metal file, and optionally a wood saw.
The modern distinction of the Fisherman having the back-spring Phillips drive and the Angler having the corkscrew probably came in in the mid-1980s. Note: Early versions of the Angler also had the scissors, as opposed to the later/current versions which have the pliers.
- 53541 US Model number: Red Cellidor, fish inlay
- Angler - Replaces the scissors and multipurpose hook with pliers; exchanges the Phillips drive for a corkscrew
- Super Tinker - Removes the fishscaler/ruler
- Bass - Similar knife made by Wenger