The Wenger Swiss Outdoorsman is an 85mm knife with five tool layers that was sold through L.L. Bean stores in the US. It may have been sold in other regions under another name or model number. This model features a locking main blade and a small flat Phillips screwdriver opposite the main blade in the same layer.
- Main blade - with locking mechanism
- Phillips Screwdriver - flat version
- Wood saw
- Scissors - micro-serrated
- Fish-scaler / Hook-disgorger / Line-guide
- Cap-lifter and screwdriver
Back Layer Tools
Cellidor synthetic scales are standard, in red, green and possibly other colours. Some versions have L.L.Bean inlaid on the top scale.
This model appears circa 1991, but it may have been introduced earlier. It is unknown when it was discontinued.
- Length: 85mm
- 6236 L.L.Bean Number: Green handles with inlay (colour may be subcode 50)
- Sierra - A small clip-point blade replaces the Phillips screwdriver
- Fly Fisherman - Removes the woodsaw
- Outdoorsman - Serrated blade; small clip-point blade replaces the flat Phillips; a Phillips screwdriver replaces the corkscrew
- Swiss Sportsman - Removes the fishscaler and wood saw
- Fisherman - Some similarities to Fisherman or Angler variations