The model is a regular Pioneer with an added scissors layer. The scissors are identical to the 91mm scissors except that the nail nick has been moved to the outside of the scissors.
- Large blade
- Can-opener with small flat/Phillips screwdriver
- Cap-lifter with large screwdriver
Standard Victorinox ribbed silver alox scales - Also see variations
- The 2016 Damascus edition is a Pioneer X with metalic grey scales with 'nuances of green'
- During 2016 a German dealer and a SAK Facebook group comissioned some special editions from Victorinox with red, black, blue and green scales
- In 2016 the Pioneer X was awarded the prestigious title of Multitool of the Year ~hs~by the online forum MultiTool.org. A special red scaled, limited edition of one hundred pieces, exclusive to Multitool.org, was commissioned to celebrate this occasion. (See image below)
The alox knives are very popular with the Swiss Army Knife user and collecting community, especially as a variant of the original alox Soldier Swiss Army Knife, and as the 'sturdier' cousins of the Officer's Knives. For many years, these communities wanted scissors on the Alox range, so this development by Victorinox has been much anticipated and is very welcomed.
- Length: 93mm
- Width: 14.9mm
- Weight: 94.5g
- 0.8231.26: Pioneer X
- 0.8231.J16: Damascus Pioneer X