This model is Wenger's showpiece, as it includes all the mainline 85mm tools and features unique to Wenger 'Genuine Swiss Army Knives': such as the wrench; slip-joint pliers; locking main blade; auto-locking screwdrivers; springless self-sharpening scissors; Evolution scales.
Discontinued - But still available as a Delémont - See History.
- Main blade - locking
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Bottle-opener/screwdriver - pressure-locking and with wire stripper
Three scale options: Solid red ergonomic Evolution; Red EvoGrip with black rubber grip pads; EvoWood made from Swiss Walnut.
First introduced in 2006 with the standard Evolution scales. The EVOGrip version was introduced 2007, the EvoWood version in 2010.
When the Wenger Swisss Army Knives were discontinued in 2013, this model featured in Wenger's farewell United Woods Limited Edition boxed set.
From 2014 Victorinox decided to continue manufacturing the S557 model as part of the Delémont range.
The Exclusivities model (1.557.59.399) was a special version of the S557 only available to dealers and promoters, it featured in the Wenger 2011 'Displays, Print, and Merchandising Material' dealer's catalog and is listed as the "Exclusivities Swiss Army Knife for Demonstrations."
This model, unusually, had two different scale types: Translucent red on the front, with EXCLUSIVITIES imprinted in white ; EvoGrip on the back, with www.wenger.ch laser etched into the larger rubber grip pad; and of course, as the S557, showcased most of the regular tools and features unique (ie exclusive) to Wenger (see list in main panel at top of page).
Full Exclisivities S557 image gallery here.
- Length: 85mm
- Weight: 127g
- 1.557.059.300: Evolution S557 (16817})
- 1.557.59.821: EVOGrip S557 (16183}
- 1.557.059.830 EvoWood S557 (16388)
- 1.557.59.399: Exclusivities variation
US model numbers: in brackets
- Wenger Master Tool 13 - A small blade replaces the nail file, adds the cigar cutter
- Delémont Evolution S557 - The Victorinox Delémont version of this model