This model was the third member of the Swiss Battle Series, all of which featured a large intricate silver battle scene inlay on the top scale, and a detailed laser engraving on the main blade.
The series was released to commemorate the battles and alliances that gave birth to the nation of Switzerland.
- Large knife blade
- Small knife blade
- Cap-lifter / Slotted screwdriver - with wire bender
- Can-opener / Small slotted screwdriver - that also works with Phillips screws
The main blade is etched with Sempach 1386 and the crest of the canton of Lucerne.
The keyring was omitted on all of the Battle Series models.
The tweezers were omitted on all of the Battle Series models to allow the entire scale to be used for the battle inlay.
Grey Cellidor scales with a battle scene silver inlay.
Released in 1985 to commemorate the Battle of Sempach in 1386, and to honour the canton of Lucerne, whose expansionist actions had precipitated the fighting.
The scene inlaid on the top scale shows the Swiss on the left carrying the banners of the cantons of Uri, Schwyz, and Obwalden. In the front of the Swiss infantry is the legendary Winkelried, who gathered a handful of Austrian lances into his chest whilst breaking the enemy's front line, thus enabling the Swiss to gain the upper hand.
The Swiss Battle Series knives were each limited to a production of 9999 pieces and are individually serialised. Each knife is inscribed 'nnnn yyyy 9999 ' on the liner behind the corkscrew: nnnn represents the individual number of the particular knife and yyyy was the year the knife was issued.
This model came in a black wooden presentation box, which contained a serialised certificate of authenticity, with the serial number matching the liner inscription.
There was also a booklet containing a brief description of Battle of Sempach and also a history of Victorinox in German, English, and French, however this was only present in the Battle Series Collection presentation case.
- Length: 91mm
Battle Series Models
- Battle of Morgarten - Black inlaid scales, tools similar to the Spartan
- Battle of Laupen - Black inlaid scales, tools similar to the Camper
- Battle of Nafels - Gray inlaid scales, tools similar to the Huntsman
- Battle of St. Jakob - Black inlaid scales, tools similar to the Passenger
- Battle of Murten - Black inlaid scales, tools similar to the Angler minus the scissors
- Oath of Rutli - Red inlaid scales, tools similar to the the Mechanic
This model and the all the others in the Battle Series were also released in a 1991 collector's set - The Battle Series Collection.
- Climber - Same main tools: Adds the tweezers and keyring, has regular scales and blade