The Apprentice is a 85mm Wenger Swiss Army knife with just two layer, and no tools on the back. Some people find the absence of backside tools make the knife more comfortable to use.
This knife was also sold under the name Basic 65 as part of an economic line and usually features the Wenger shield just printed on the front scale.
The same knife, but with the addition of the tweezers and toothpick, was also listed as Classic 65.
- 2.5" Knife Blade
- Nail File - Nail Cleaner
- Patented Locking Screwdriver - Bottle Opener - Wire Stripper
- Can Opener
Red synthetic is standard.
Often used for promotions/advertising. A version with toothpick and tweezers was listed as Classic 65.
- Length: 85mm
- 16949 Wenger N.A.: Standard configuration.
- 1.65.01 Wenger AN: Standard configuration (Basic 65).
- 1.065.009.000 Wenger AN: Standard configuration (Classic 65) - Adds toothpick and tweezers.
- Highlander - Adds awl, and Phillips screwdriver on the back.
- Commander - Adds awl, and corkscrew on the back.
- Cadet - Victorinox model with similar tools, but most commonly with Alox scales.