The Highlander name was also used for at least one other three-layer model that adds a choke-tool see image below.
This basic tool configuration was also know by different names, depending on time, minor features and possibly market - (see Identifiers and Related Models below) . eg A very similar model, the Dayhiker, features a locking blade (see #Variations), and the more recent Evolution 11 has the same basic tools with ergonomic handles.
- Drop-point main blade - 2.5"
- Nail-file / Nail-cleaner
- Bottle-opener / Screwdriver - with patented locking system and a wire stripper notch
Red synthetic scales are standard. The Highlander was available in a variety of solid and translucent colours and camouflage patterns - See Variations and Identifiers below.
- With a serrated main blade.
- Camouflage scaled versions with low-reflectance grey anodized or coated tools.
- With toothpick and tweezers - Model 1.11.03 later listed as the Classic 11
- Shotgun Choke tool - a third layer is added - Maybe has a different model name:
- The Dayhiker was a special model made exclusively for the US outdoor equipment company Eddie Bauer, and features a locking main-blade, toothpick and tweezers.
- Length: 85mm
- 1.11.03: Standard scales with toothpick and tweezers (16979)
- 1.11.09: Standard scales with toothpick and tweezers listed as Classic 11
- 1.011.009.000: Standard scales with toothpick and tweezers listed as Classic 11 (later format model number)
US Model Numbers: Also in brackets above
- 16150: Fire red synthetic scales
- 16152: Smoke coloured scales
- 16479: Serrated version with standard red synthetic scales
- 16170: Advantage 'Timber' camouflage scales with grey anodized tools
- 16172: RealTree Hardwoods camouflage scales with grey anodized tools
- 16181: Camouflage choke tube version
- Evolution 11 - A later model; adds the toothpick and tweezers; features Evolution scales
- Trailblazer - Another model with the same tool configuration
- Apprentice - Removes the back side tools
- Commander - A corkscrew replaces the Phillips screwdriver
- Canyon - A 1.65" small blade replaces the nail-file/cleaner
- Classic 16 - Adds the scissors, toothpick and tweezers
- Evolution 16 - Adds the scissors, toothpick, tweezers; features Evolution scales
- Globetrotter- The equivalent SwissBuck model, with toothpick and tweezers
- Tinker - A similar Victorinox model