This model also features a standard 1/4" (14mm) bit-driver build-in to the scales, similar to the design used on some larger 120mm models.
The handles (or scales) are made from a Titanium metal alloy for increased strength without a significant increase in weight.The liner lock on this knife can be released with a press on the release button (red Wenger logo), or by pressing on the protruding tab on the actual liner.
Designed to meet the needs of mountain climbers, this model is a member of the Titanium Series designed in partnership with well known Swiss mountaineer Ueli Steck.
- Hex Wench Combo Tool - Knife-Blade/Wrench/Screwdriver, liner locking system
- Metal File/Saw - Stainless steel
- Caplifter/Screwdriver/Wire stripper - auto locking with pressure
- Bit-Driver - for standard 1/4"/14mm hex drive bits; Phillips #3, and 6mm straight edge bits are included.
The Titanium alloy handles feature a lock-release button and a cut out for the 1/4" bit-driver.
First introduced in 2011 as part of the Titanium Series along side the Titanium 1 and Titanium 2. The Titanium handles or scales offer increased strength without a significant increase in weight. The models in the Titanium Line are the first regular production Swiss Army Knives to use Titanium.
The original packaging included a flexible all weather pouch and DVD. The pouch features a Velcro closure, holds the knife, and up to 3 bits.
This is likely the first Wenger 85mm model to contain a stainless-steel cut file/metal saw.
- Length: 85mm
- Width: 16.6mm
- Weight: 102g (not including bits)
- 16996 US Model Number
- 1.092.040.000 Wenger AN
- Titanium 1 - removes metal file/saw, and openers layer
- Titanium 2 - replaces metal file/saw with a woodsaw, and removes openers layer