The Orange Peeler with screwdriver tip is quite an unusual tool, which is only available on a few Victorinox 74mm models that are derivatives of the Executive.
As well as peeling oranges the small serrated blade can be used for various other tasks where such a blade is useful.
The blade has had a few evolutionary changes:
- Non-serrated, with a sharpened cutting edge
- Fine serrations, with a sharpened cutting edge
- Wide/shallow serrations, with a sharpened cutting edge
- Wide/deep serrations, with a sharpened cutting edge
- Wide/deep serrations, without the cutting edge (current/latest)
It seems likely that there were additional variations within the five changes listed above. There are some blades with a ‘bevel’ on both sides, whilst most have a bevel only on one side, with the other side flat. A 'left-handed' orange peeler has also been reported, where the bevel and flat sides are switched.
Note: The 58mm Cut and Picker Blade is now also referred to as an 'orange peeler'.