- Large blade
- Small blade - spear point is used on later models, clip-point on early models.
- Cap Lifter a.k.a. Bottle Opener, includes slotted screwdriver, and wire-stripper/wire-bender
- Can Opener - includes small-slotted screwdriver that also works with Phillips drive
- Keyring/Split-ring attachment point - optional
Textured checked Silver Alox, but early versions used ribbed Alox scales and were available in Red.
- Silver ribbed Alox scales.
- Red ribbed Alox scales.
- A small clip-point blade is used on the earliest models.
- No keyring versions.
This model was originally produced with horizontally ribbed scales in silver and red Alox, and was known as the Cadet. The model later transitioned to checkered Alox scales.
A significant change occurred when the small blade was replaced by a small nail file/cleaner. This new version was known as the Cadet II, however soon after the newer model took on the name of its predecessor, with the original Cadet now being branded the Cadet II.
This swapping or changing of names is not uncommon by Victorinox, and is confusing to collectors who are interested in older models!
- Length: 84mm (Nominal)
- 55042 US Model: Silver Alox
- 0.2501.26 Victorinox AN: Early straight ribbed model with red shield emblem.
- Cadet - replaces nail-file with small blade
- Cadet II Plus - adds woodsaw
- Recruit - Cellidor scales replace alox, adds toothpick and tweezers