In 2012 Victorinox announced that they would cease production of Wenger Swiss Army Knives, and from 2014 only Victorinox branded knives were produced. However, Victorinox decided to continue manufacturing of some of the former Wenger knives under the Victorinox ‘Delémont’ brand.
The models in the list below, from the Wenger 130mm range, are still available as Victorinox ‘Delémonts’. Note: Victorinox kept the Wenger model numbering.
These alterations were made from the Wenger to Victorinox versions:
- Additional Tools: Toothpick and tweezers
- Changed Tools: Can opener and awl switched to the Victorinox versions
- Scales: Victorinox logo; thinner; non ‘wrap around’; slots for toothpick and tweezers.
Note: The Victorinox catalogue has RangerGrip as one word, the website as two! This Wiki mainly follows the catalogue convention.
This table contains a tool to model relationship matrix. It was developed for the Wenger Rangers, however as Victorinox used the same numbers for the Delémont Rangers - it can also be used for the Delémonts. Note: The Delémont Boatsman is the equivalent to the Wenger Alinghi 181
- RangerGrip 61, 68 - Blade, openers
- RangerGrip 55, 79, 155, 179 - Blade, openers, saw with corkscrew
- RangerGrip 56, 78, 178 - Blade, openers, saw with Phillips (Joint page with 55 family)
- RangerGrip 71 Gardener - Blade, saw, scissors
- RangerGrip 74, 174 - Blade, openers, pliers
- RangerWood 55 - See: RangerGrip 55