The Bantam has Cellidor scales and the Bantam Alox has Alox scales. They are available with or without the keyring. The Alox model is extremely slim at just ~6mm.
The Bantam is constructed with only three rivets, where as most knives have four. This is actually a characteristic that's related to the fact that there are no backside tools, making the extra rivet superfluous.
This model is also currently known as the Beer Waiter
Note: Early Cellidor Bantams were also equipped with the cap-lifter instead of the combo-tool.
- Large Blade
- Combo Tool - includes bottle and can openers, screwdriver, wire-bender/stripper
- Keyring - only on some versions
Red Cellidor, or silver textured Alox (no Toothpick or Tweezers).
Black or other Cellidor colors are uncommon but available, or have been previously available, at different times.
- The Bantam is available in both Cellidor and Alox scaled versions, the early Alox versions had the Horizontally Ribbed scales.
- An early Alox scaled knife (2230r+ red Alox; 2230s+ Silver Alox) featured a regular cap-lifter rather than the combo-tool opener; this version was known as the Waiter at the time, but more closely resembles the current Bantam Alox.
- Cellidor versions of knife with the regular Cap-lifter instead of modern Combo-tool also known.
- As part of the Victorinox 'Ecoline', Cellidor versions were produced with a hot-stamped shield logo, as well as without toothpick, tweezers, or keyring. Current Ecoline models have Nylon scales.
- Zebra is an Ecoline variation of 2.2303.07[.R??] that has white nylon scales with a zebra print on the top scale, and red shield printed on the bottom. This model was available in the South African market.
- The South Africa Tribe Series are Ecoline models with white nylon scales with a colorful print on the top scale of a member of the tribe or racial group, and red Victorinox shield printed on the bottom. This model was available in the South African market. Note: The use of the term tribe for the groups are people in South Africa is considered by some to be very incorrect, because they don't fit the standard definition of the word.
- Victorinox Denmark 2013 special order of colored Alox models in black and green, both featuring a red background shield. These are the first colored checker-textured Alox Bantams known. Their inclusion of the red-background shield with colored Alox handles is also special since this was only first done in 2012 on small special runs for collectors on other models. These versions do not include a keyring. From Hanne of Victorinox Denmark....
The story behind this range of coloured alox models is one of frustration.
In DK we have a very strict weapon law. The maximum size of knife that one is allowed to carry is a 91mm SAK without a locking blade. Many of the Victorinox new or special knives are directed towards the big countries/ markets. Thus a lot of one-hand opening knives (forbidden in DK) and lock blade knives (forbidden in DK) are among the new products launched by Victorinox.
We got fed up watching articles that could never reach the DK users, so we decided to have Victorinox produce a small range for us in DK. Being just around 5,5 mill people here, we are painfully aware that Victorinox themselves are never going to develop anything for DK especially. These models will stay in our DK range, but the packaging will change to that of the 'normal' silver boxing. [...]
Based on availability it appears that the Alox Bantam was discontinued on 2009 or 2010, with inventory levels being extremely low and availability sparse in the first quarter of 2011.
- Length: 84mm
- Width: 11.3mm
- Weight: 32.7g
- Width: 6mm
- Weight: 29g
- 53941 US Model: Red Cellidor includes keyring
- 53949 US Model: Silver Alox no keyring
- 2230r+ Victorinox AN: early identifier, red Alox Waiter w/cap-lifter
- 2230s+ Victorinox AN: early identifier, silver Alox Waiter w/cap-lifter
- 0.2303 Victorinox AN: Standard Red Cellidor version includes keyring
- 0.2300.26 Victorinox AN: Silver Alox, no toothpick, tweezers or keyring
- 0.2301.26 Victorinox AN: Silver Alox, includes keyring
- 2.0500 Victorinox AN: Early Economy version, Silvered hot-stamped Elinox style shield, no toothpick, tweezers or keyring
- 2.2300 Victorinox AN: Red Cellidor, Vintage, Ecoline no toothpick, tweezers or keyring
- 2.2300.23G Victorinox AN: Back Alox with Red Shield, Denmark special run - no keyring
- 2.2300.24G Victorinox AN: Green Alox with Red Shield, Denmark special run - no keyring
- 2.2302 Victorinox AN: Red Nylon, Ecoline no-keyring
- 2.2303 Victorinox AN: Red Nylon, Ecoline
- 2.2303.07 Victorinox AN: White Nylon, Ecoline, red screen print shield
- 2.2303.103 South African Tribe Series - White Nylon with colorful print on top scale - Xhosa
- 2.2303.104 South African Tribe Series - White Nylon with colorful print on top scale - Swazi
- 2.2303.105 South African Tribe Series - White Nylon with colorful print on top scale - Bushmen/KhoiSan
- 2.2303.106 South African Tribe Series - White Nylon with colorful print on top scale - Venda
- 2.2303.108 South African Tribe Series - White Nylon with colorful print on top scale - Basotho
- 2.2303.109 South African Tribe Series - White Nylon with colorful print on top scale - Ndebele
- Bantam II - Replaces combo-tool with a small blade
- My First Victorinox - Same tools, but with rounded tip blade
- Watch Case Opener - Replaces combo-tool with a watch-case opener
- Apprentice - Adds back-side Phillips screwdriver
- Waiter - Adds back-side corkscrew
- Voyageur - 2-layers, adds scissors, Alox scales
- Lumberjack - 2-layers, adds woodsaw
- Premier - A unique Wenger branded model, but manufactured by Victorinox, with the equivalent (Victorinox) toolset to the Bantam