The Victorinox Popular is a slim single layer 84mm model that featured checkered Alox handles. This is a an older model, but can often be found used in great, and even near new, condition. The Secretary model is a more contemporary version. Discontinued Model.
Red Alox scales are standard for this model. The shield was only the white cross surrounded by red.
- Prior to 1986 the spacer used to affix the keyring was made of Brass, after which it was made of nickle-silver (also known as ))German-Silver(().
- Red Cross emblem on top scale, rather than white.
- 5056 - SAB Model number according to the 1985 SAB/Victorinox catalog.
- 0.6901.20 - Victorinox model number starting in 1980.
- 2070 U r+ - Victorinox model number prior to 1980.
Produced from approximately 1970-1999, before 1980 it had the article number '2070 U r+'.
- Alox Excelsior - no keyring, usually with silver scales
- Secretary - smooth alox scales, no keyring
- Pocket Pal 84mm
- Bantam - replaces small blade with combo tool, silver Alox scales in a different shape
- Bantam II - replaces small blade with combo tool, silver Alox scales in a different shape