It offers 80 functions in a standard 91mm knife, including all the tools of the SwissChamp and the SwissChamp XLT, plus other tools. It has a massive 15 layers, is 64.6mm in width, and consists of 118 individual pieces. A skilled craftsman assembles each knife by hand, performing more than 500 different operations to complete the assembly of a single knife.
The knife has interesting composite scales. The top scale contains all the electronic tools of the Traveller, the bottom scale is the latest electronic scales revision, containing all four scale tools on one side.
Victorinox have stated that this model is targeted mainly at collectors.
Base SwissChamp Model Toolset
- Large Knife blade - plain edge
- Small blade
- Wood saw
- Fish Scaler/Hook disgorger - with ruler in cm & inches
- Metal Saw/File - with nail cleaning tip
- Pliers - with wire cutters and wire crimping tool
- Inline Phillips Screwdriver
- Magnifying Glass
- Can Opener/Small screwdriver - 3mm for slot and Phillips
- Cap Lifter/Large screwdriver - 5mm with wire bender
XLT additional tools
- Bit Driver with Bit Holder - containing the following bits:
- Phillips (Pozidrive) 0 / 1
- Slotted 4 mm / Phillips 2
- Hex 4 mm / Torx #8
- Torx #10 / #15
- Pruning Blade
- Electrician’s blade - with wire scraper
- Pharmaceutical Spatula
XAVT additional tools
- Large Knife Blade - fully serrated edge
- Reamer - 93mm Alox style
- Second Bit Driver with Bit Holder - containing the following bits:
- Hex 2 / 2.5 mm
- Hex 1.2 / 1.5 mm
- Torx #6 / #8
- Slotted 3x1 / 4x1
- Universal wrench * - for sizes M3, M4, M5
- White LED Light Module
- Combination tool - with cap lifter, can opener, screwdriver and wire stripper
- Watch Case Opener
* Note: The original XAVT replaced the wrench with a:
- Second Magnifying Glass - The old version with a grey surround
- Awl/Reamer - with Sewing Eye
- Multipurpose hooks - (x2) - One with a nail file, One without
- Fine screwdrivers - 2 mm (x2)
- Patented Mini Screwdriver
- Tweezers - Short version
- Straight Pin
- Ball Point Ink Pen - Removable
- Digital Display containing:
Semi transparent composite material, exact make-up unknown. They do not appear to be Cellidor or nylon, however the texture is more like nylon.
Introduced in 2006 replacing the XXLT.
The XAVT was revised in 2017 following the merging of the Victorinox and Wenger product lines with the Wenger Universal Wrench replacing the second magnifying glass. This was probably the first time a Wenger tool featured in a Victorinox model. It is not known if the tool was modified to fit the XAVT.
- Length: 91mm
- Width: 64.6mm
- Weight: 351g
- 53509 US Model
- SwissChamp - The base SwissChamp model. Thinner, removing several tools and layers (seven) from the XAVT and still ending up with eight layers!
- SwissChamp XLT - Another smaller SwissChamp descendant, removes four layers from the XAVT
- SwissChamp XXLT - Another very large SwissChamp descendant, slightly wider and heavier, looses a mag glass and the flashlight, gains the lighter.
- Giant Knife - largest Swiss Army Knife by Wenger