The Sentinel and Sentinel Plus are Victorinox 111mm Liner Lock knives introduced in 2008. These models feature only a single large blade and come standard with black scratch resistant nylon scales. Although it only contains a single tool, it comes in several different variations.
Standard Black Synthetic Scales
- Length: 111mm
- Width: 12.25mm
- Weight: 77.5g (w/Pocket clip, non plus)
- Available with a straight plain-edge blade.
- The Sentinel Plus features a plain-edge (straight) blade and adds a Phillips screwdriver to the back side.
- The One Handed Opening version was also introduced in 2008 and is available with either a plain-edge or the combo-serrated edge.
- The Sentinel Clip model features a one-hand opening blade and a pocket clip on the reverse scale.
- The Black-Oxide Sentinel Clip (0.8416.M3) was first introduced in the special limited edition Victorinox Military Collector's Set 2010. This All Black / Blackout version features black-oxide coated blade, liners, spring, keyring, and clip with black Nylon scales. The blade is one-hand opening with a plain-edge and a standard v-grind. Knives that were produced as part of the collection are numbered. A limited number of knives produced for sale in Europe outside of the collection are not numbered.
- In 2009 Sentinel 125 Years was introduced as a part of big special series 125 Years Your Companion for Life. Seems (need to verify) this model was released in US market only. This model contains OH plain blade with special print on it and a pocket clip on the reverse scale.
- In 2011 the Sentinel was release with the new red dual-density scales, but this configuration features a corkscrew on the back, but retains the standard model name. Some errata in the 2011 catalogs; some revisions of the catalog show a picture of this model, but the description states that the scales are black Nylon.
First introduced in 2008, and in 2009 models featuring a pocket clip were introduced.
- 54882 US Model: Plain-edge locking, pocket-clip (introduced in 2009)
- 54885 US Model: One Handed Plain-edge locking, pocket-clip (introduced in 2009)
- 54886 US Model / 0.8416.MW3: One Handed Serrated edge locking, pocket-clip (introduced in 2009)
- 54892 US Model / 0.8413.3: Regular Sentinel, plain-edge locking
- 54890 US Model: One Handed Serrated blade version
- 54895 US Model / 0.8413.M3: One Handed Non Serrated version
- 54894 US Model: Sentinel Plus, Plain-edge locking, adds a Phillips screwdriver to the back side
- 55885 US Model: Sentinel 125 Years, Limited edition with OH plain blade and pocket clip.
- 0.8416.M3 Victorinox AN: Sentinel with Clip — All Black, featuring black-oxide coated blade, liners, spring, keyring, and clip.
- 0.8321.MWC Victorinox AN: Sentinel w/corkscrew featuring one-handed partially serrated blade with red dual-density scales.
- Victorinox 111mm Linerlock Model Comparison
- Centurion - 2 layer liner lock, adds opener layer, with reamer and Phillips on the back
- Solo - 108mm single blade knife
- Alox Solo - 93mm single blade knife
- Alpineer - single blade with slide lock, and corkscrew
- Cowboy - single blade with slide lock, and Phillips