Pictured: Original Victorinox Yeoman and SwissBianco (+B) Yeoman Limited Edition No. 1.
Red Cellidor scales.
- The Boy Scout version of the original Yeoman adds the BS logo to the scales.
- In 2007 Victorinox made two limited runs for Roger Remund (aka +B or SwissBianco), creating what is known as the +B Yeoman. Run No. 1 (40 pieces) featured red Cellidor Plus scales, Run No. 2 (60 pieces) featured black Cellidor Plus scales. Both runs contained the 2007 version of the magnifying glass and Plus-scales. The original Yeoman had the magnifying glass & Phillips in the top layer, the SwissBianco editions put these tools in the middle layer and moved the scissors to the top layer. The SwissBianco editions also add a nail file/match striker to the back of the multipurpose hook.
- In 2010 SwissBianco offered the Yeoman Mk. III, with the same layer configuration as the previous SwissBianco versions. This third limited run was offered with three scale choices; yellow, translucent blue (sapphire), or stay-glow yellow. These scale options did not have Plus scales and thus didn't include the ballpoint pen. After the first batch was released, and no doubt some complaints, SwissBianco started offering the Yeoman Mk. IIIp (the p designator is unofficial), that included regular red or yellow Plus scales. (Editorial Comment 2019: The following Wiki Yeoman comment is left in place: "The naming of this limited run - Mk. III - makes little sense, which appears to be a Swiss trait." It is not understood why this comment was made - as it was SB's third run. It is also rather insulting!)
Officially discontinued in 20xx. But custom dealer variations after that date. See Variations above.
It has been speculated that the Yeoman was a US only model, probably on the request of the US distributor: Swiss Army Brands.
Swiss Army Brands is considered responsible for the confusion around this model. After the Yeoman was discontinued it appears they substituted models, or shipped, BSA Explorers under the BSA Yeoman name. Incorrect photos of the BSA Yeoman were used in advertising the BSA Explorer. Several problems on dealer websites and ebay with the naming and photos has no doubt caused some grievance, not to mention incorrect purchases.
- Length: 91mm
- Width: 18.35mm - BSA Version; 18.5mm +B LE version
- Weight: 86.2g - BSA Version; 80.25g +B LE version
- 54791: US Model
- 57791: US Blister package
- 1252 US SABI Number: BSA Model
- Explorer - Replaces the Combo tool with a small blade; adds the standard opener-layer and reamer
- Scientist - Removes the scissors and hook
- Compact - Removes the Phillips and the magnifier glass