The Wenger Ranger 08, also known as the Sabla 08 and the Field Dresser, is a large four-layer Swiss Army Knife featuring a liner-locking main-blade, a gutting blade and a wood saw, in addition to the regular tools.
Table of contents
- Main blade - clip-point, locking, plain edge
- Gutting blade - plain-edge with a rounded tip - also known as a safety blade
- Wood saw
- Cap-lifter / Large screwdriver - pressure locking screwdriver with a wire-stripper
Back Layer Tools
Regular black Nylon scales.
One side has the Wenger cross logo at the top and the Wenger W icon embossed at the bottom. The opposite side has an inset red sliding lock-release button.
Introduced later than the initial availabiliity of the Ranger Series.
- 1.77.08: Black scales (US Model Number: 16974 - The Field Dresser)
- Ranger 07 - Replaces the Phillips screwdriver with a corkscrew
- Ranger 09 - Removes the opener layer and Phillips screwdriver
- Ranger 58 - Hunter - The 130mm version of this model