The custom-designed watch-case opener blade is used to open the back of watches that use a snap-back, or pressure fit, case.
These special-purpose models are usually made for jewelry and watch companies and include company advertising on the scales. They are available for purchase from various watch repair and supply companies.
They are available in both 84mm frame styles.
The size and shape of the watch-case opener blade has varied over the years.
For the variations with Cellidor or Nylon scales only:
- This SAK usually comes in various smooth, colored Alox scales, imprinted with company names/brands and colours to match.
- Stainless Steel scales have been manufactured, also usually engraved with company names.
- It has also been available with Cellidor or Nylon scales in different colors
Cellidor/Nylon versions are also available in the Tourist-style 84mm frame, and usually come with toothpick and tweezers.
There are many of these models with the Victoria tang stamp on the back of the main blades indicating Victorinox has been producing these models for many decades.
- 2.2102: RegularTourist-stlyle 84mm frame; red Cellidor scales
- Secretary - Replaces the watch-case opener blade with a small pen-blade
- SwissChamp XAVT - Includes the watch-case opener blade