Although this model has one of the more minimal tool sets of the Victorinox knives, with only a single layer of tools, it is still quite popular as a very practical configuration for a minimalist pocket knife, and for travel.
This model was also known as the Victorinox Bartender in some markets.
Beverage containers beware!
An earlier Alox scaled knife more closely resembling the Alox Bantam was also known as the 'Waiter '.
- Large blade
- Combo Tool - Which functions as a bottle opener/cap lifter, can-opener, screwdriver, and wire stripper
The Waiter comes with standard red Cellidor scales. Other colours may also be available.
- The Waiter was once offered with Cellidor economy scales, and did not include a toothpick or tweezers.
- Later there was an economy Waiter sold with nylon scales, that did include the toothpick and tweezers.
Either could be had with, or without, a key-ring.
The original Waiter model was an Alox handled model without corkscrew (AN: 0.1300.26 Silver Ribbed Alox), and featured a standard cap-lifter rather than the combo-opener tool. This model was originally identified with model numbers 2230r+ (red) and 2230s+ (silver).
It is now generally referred to as an early version of the Alox Bantam, as the model was renamed after the cap-lifter was replaced with the combo-opener tool.
Early Cellidor models came with a grooved corkscrew.
The Waiter has also been known as the Bartender.
- Length: 84mm
- Width: 11.1mm
- Weight: 34.6g
- 53891 US Model: Red Cellidor, toothpick, tweezers, keyring
- 0.3303 Victorinox AN: Red Cellidor, toothpick, tweezers, keyring
- 0.3303.3LTD Victorinox AN: Black Cellidor w/gold Victorinox logo pattern scales, toothpick, tweezers, keyring, introduced in 2010
- 2.3303 Victorinox AN: Ecoline Red Nylon scales with toothpick, tweezers and keyring