- Large blade
- Small blade - drop-point; clip-point on early models
- Cap-lifter or bottle-opener, includes slotted screwdriver, and wire-stripper/wire-bender
- Can-opener - includes a small-slotted screwdriver that also works with Phillips screws
- Keyring/Split-ring attachment point - optional
Textured checked silver Alox. Early versions featured ribbed Alox scales in silver or red. A smooth Alox scaled version was also produced.
- Silver ribbed Alox scales
- Red ribbed Alox scales
- Smooth Alox scales (usually branded)
- No keyring version
This model was originally produced with horizontally ribbed scales in silver or red Alox, and also featured a small clip-point blade. It was originally known as the Cadet. The model later transitioned to checkered Alox scales and a drop-point blade.
A significant change occurred when the small blade was replaced by the small nail file/cleaner. This new version was initially known as the Cadet II. However the newer model took on the name of its predecessor, with the original Cadet now being branded the Cadet II.
This swapping or changing of names is not uncommon by Victorinox, and is confusing to collectors who are interested in older models!
- Length: 84mm '
- 55042 US Model: Silver Alox
- 0.2501.26 Victorinox AN: Early straight ribbed model with red shield emblem.