The Wenger Survivor is a handy knife for the backpacker or hiker. In addition to the standard cutting tools, the Whistle implement specifically addresses rescue situations, and the Carabiner Clip allows for easy attachment to the outside of a pack or on a belt. Two similar models (1.92.73 and 1.68.02), which feature few different implements, were sold in the European market and other countries, but not in North America. See variations below
Table of contents
- Large Knife Blade - locking and 100% Serrated on the Survivor, plain edge (no locking) on models 1.92.73 and 1.68.02
- 1.65" Clip Point Utility Blade - nail file on models 1.92.73 and 1.68.02
- Bottle Opener - Large Screwdriver - Wire Stripper
- Can Opener
- Carabiner Clip - replaced by universal wrench on model 1.92.73
- Phillips Screwdriver
- High Decibel Whistle
- Wood Saw - replaced by metal file on models 1.92.73 and 1.68.02
Back Layer Tools
- Reamer - Awl
- Keyring with Key Chain - only on the Survivor and model 1.92.73
Standard red synthetic scales.
- Model 1.92.73 was part of the Signal Series and features: plain edge, no locking, main blade, metal file instead of the wood saw, nail file instead of the small blade and replaces the carabiner clip with the universal wrench.
- Model 1.68.02 was part of the Bardane Series and features: plain edge, no locking, main blade, metal file instead of the wood saw, nail file instead of the small blade and is missing the keyring/key chain.
- 16989 NA - Standard Red Scales - 100% Serrated Blade
- 1.92.73 Wenger AN - see variations
- 1.68.02 Wenger AN - see variations
- Matterhorn - removes scissors and wood saw
- Whistle - A 58mm Victorinox model with a whistle built into one of the scales