- Large partially serrated blade - Liner-locking
- Shackle-opener with marlin spike
- Inline Phillips screwdriver
- Cap-lifter with large screwdriver - liner locking in post 2017 version
- Can-opener with small screwdriver
Back Layer Tools
- Reamer/Awl - Sewing-eye only on slide-lock model
The current model is also supplied with an orange or black lanyard - See main picture
Blue nylon with a printed compass rose emblem. Navy camouflage scales were introduced in 2018. Some early versions had red scales.
Some earlier models had red Nylon scales. These models are less common and sought after by collectors.
A similar nautical model the Helmsman was one layer thinner than the Skipper, however this model was withdrawn, making the Skipper the only regular knife featuring the slim marlin spike.
The Skipper was one of the original 111mm slide-lock models. However, from 2017 Victorinox only produced liner-locking 111mm models. The Skipper was converted to be liner-locking in 2017.
In 2018 Victorinox brought out another nautical knife the Skipper Pro featuring a different large marlin spike.
- The slide-lock Skipper was available with a serrated or a partially serrated blade. The partially serrated blade is serrated approximately ¾ of the length, starting at the tip, giving a 60mm serrated edge and a 19.5mm straight edge.
- The later liner-lock version is only available with the partially serrated blade.
- In 2022 for the Patrouille des Glaciers ski race, a special version of the Skipper model was released with gray camouflage scales and the race logo.
- Length: 111mm
- Width: Liner-lock: 23mm; Slide-lock: 23mm
- Weight: Liner-lock: 183g; Slide-lock: 152g
- 0.8593.2W: Liner-lock; ¾ serrated blade; blue scales
- 0.8593.W942: Liner-lock; navy camouflage scales, black lanyard
- 0.9093.2W: Slide-lock, ¾ serrated blade, blue scales (US Model Number: 53663)
- Skipper Pro - Same scales and lanyard; Different marlin spike; OH-blade; Drops the pliers, in-line Phillips SD, corkscrew
- Helmsman - No pliers or inline Phillips, backside Phillips replaces the corkscrew
- Atlas – Exchanges the marlin spike for a wood saw
Victorinox 111mm Slide-lock Model Comparison – Original versions
Victorinox 111mm Liner-lock Model Comparison – Original versions