Discontinued Model (2016) - Being replaced by the Forester.
- Large main blade with slide/side lock
- Wood saw
- Cap-lifter with large screwdriver
- Can-opener with small screwdriver -Flat and Phillips
Red Nylon - contains grey sliding lock-release button
From 2017 Victorinox ceased production of side-locking 111mm models, so this model was retired, and was replaced by the Forester liner-lock model, which has an equivalent toolset - and had already been available for some time.
- In 1988 Victorinox offered a special edition Rucksack in the German market recognizing the GSG9 (Grenzschutzgruppe 9), a special German Border Police Group. This model had green Nylon scales with a special emblem.
- The GSG9 model was not the official issue knife for the German Border Police. The official knife was the BGS, a variation which replaced the corkscrew with a Phillips screwdriver, had green nylon scales with a different emblem, and 'BUND' laser etched on the main blade.
- In some markets the Rucksack was available with a ¾ serrated blade.
- There is a Swiss market model with special scales having several white crosses.
- Length: 111mm
- Width: 17.8mm
- Weight: 101g
- 0.8863: Standard configuration (US model number: 53661)
- 0.8863.MIG: Red Nylon with lots of white crosses
- A special edition produced for a department store in Switzerland
- 0.8863.W: ¾ serrated (a.k.a wavy) blade.
- Forester - Same toolset but with a liner-locking main blade - Successor to the Rucksack
- Adventurer - No wood saw; a Phillips screwdriver replaces the corkscrew
- Outrider - Adds scissors and a Phillips driver
- Fireman - Adds an emergency/belt-cutter blade
- Picnicker - No wood saw, the original version's main blade was ¾ serrated or plain-edged