Given that this model loses the regular opener layer it is quite light-weight for its capabilities, particularly the slide-lock version.
It has been available with various different scale options (red / green / camouflage) also a Phillips screwdriver variation.
The original version of this model was slide-locking.
Name disambiguation: There are many models with the Hunter name.
The 111mm Hunter XT/XS models, the 108mm Hunter/Safari Hunter, the more recent Hunter Pro and several Wenger models.
- Large locking blade
- Wood saw
- Combo Tool - Includes cap lifter, can opener, screwdriver with wire stripper
- Small gutting blade
Standard red, also olive drab (military) green synthetic scales, with a screen-printed image of a deer on the front handle. It is also available with camouflage coloured scales (2008), without the deer image. Early versions did not have the deer image printed on the scales.
- The Official RAF Hunter was issued to members of the British Royal Air Force. See: June 2008 SOSAK Article: Victorinox RAF Hunter (Note: Link is to an old archive and may not work)
- The 2008 camouflage model replaced the corkscrew with a Phillips screwdriver, however neither the name or model number was changed!
- A D-Day Commemorative special run was made in 2010 featuring army coloured olive drab scales and a special printing on the top scale. The main blade tang stamp is VICTORINOX/SWISS MADE.
- A second D-Day Commemorative special run was made (2011?) featuring the same army coloured olive drab scales, and a special printing on the top scale with an illustration of the iconic Willy’s Jeep. Production is reported to be only fifty pieces.
In 2017 Victorinox completely revised their 111mm product line and ceased production of slide-lock models. The Hunter was converted to be liner-locking as part of that change.
- Length: 111mm
- Width: 18mm
- Height: 31mm (- maximum)
- Weight: 101.5g
- 0.8573: Liner-lock, red scales
- 0.8873: Slide-lock, red scales (53641)
- 0.8873.4: Slide-lock, olive drab scales (53642)
US Model Numbers; (in brackets above)
- 54641: Slide-lock; camouflage scales; a Phillips screwdriver replaces the corkscrew
- Equestrian - Replaces the gutting blade with a hoof-cleaner
- Forester - Replaces the gutting blade and Combo Tool with the standard opener layer
Various other models feature a longer gutting blade and/or the Hunter name!