The Excelsior comes in standard red Cellidor, or smooth Alox, scales.
There was an older variation with silver ribbed (checkered) Alox scales, and no keyring.
- A recent (2020?) variation with smooth Alox scales, dual blade, with keyring.
- A variation (2020?) with Cellidor scales, a single blade and no keyring is known as the Excelsior One Blade.
- There was an earlier silver textured Alox model that had no keyring.
It looks like the name Excelsior was used for a couple of different models.
A catalog places the silver textured Alox model from the late 70's to the early 80's - (needs verification).
SAKWIKI initially had this identified as a 'fairly uncommon knife' (see above). However this model with keyring and Cellidor scales was resurrected, as it appears in the 2017 catalogue - probably replacing one of the other 84mm slim models, such as the Pocket Pal. It is also available with a couple of options (single blade, smooth alox scales).
- Length: 84mm
- Width: 5.38mm - Checkered Alox
- Weight: 21.8g - Checkered Alox
- 0.6901: Cellidor version with keyring (dual blades)
- 0.6901.16: Smooth Alox version
- 0.6910: Excelsior One Blade, no keyring
- 0.6900.27: Older ribbed Alox version, no keyring