* Originally only available through promotions by the Cheese Marketing Group''.
* On Oct. 2010 the website switzerland-cheese.com did not actually exist, but switzerland-cheese.ch for non English languages French, German, and Italian was active.
Back Layer Tools
- Length: 111mm
- Width: 15.8mm
- Weight: 75.8g
- Victorinox manufactured a Limited Edition of the Käsemesser with handmade horn-scales with a white inlaid Swiss cross composed of Galalith (milk- stone), and a liner-locking main blade. Each knife is numbered (nnnn) on the liner behind the corkscrew, and comes in special gift packaging with an information booklet. Only 1200 were produced and distribution is limited to Switzerland Cheese Marketing, Switzerland, and the greater Swiss market.
- A 2012 special-edition Bubinga hardwood scales Cheese-Knife with 3 tool-layers; see: Hardwood Cheese Knife.
- In 2013 Victorinox produced a version of the Cheese Knife (model: 80833) for the US market and some others. This version includes the tweezers, but has standard red Nylon handles with silver outlined Victorinox Shield, and grey lock-release button; it does not include the special scales or packaging of the original SCM version.
The initial marketing campaign involved customers obtaining the knife through the mail for 20 CHF and 5 Swiss cheese proof-of-purchase seals. The knife was delivered with some unique custom packaging that included a booklet on Swiss cheese. It was reported that SCM had sole marketing rights for the knife for 3 years.
Original German Language Press Release - letzte Aktualisierung am 03.06.10 um 11:54 Uhr
Switzerland Cheese Marketing startet 2010 mit einer neuen Werbekampagne für Schweizer Käse im Inland (Schweiz). Ziel: Die Konsumenten sollen vermehrt auf die Herkunft Schweiz achten, wenn sie an der Käsetheke oder vor dem Kühlregal stehen und Käse kaufen. Gattungswerbung für Schweizer Käse muss sich einerseits von der Sortenwerbung klar abheben und darf andererseits natürlich keine Einzelmarke bevorzugen, schreibt die verantwortliche Agentur Neue Lgk dazu in einer Pressemitteilung.
Das schafft nur eine Idee, ein Bild, ein Symbol, eine Geschichte, die stellvertretend für alle Käsearten funktioniert. Ein guter Grund, endlich das Schweizer Käsemesser zu erfinden. Denn das Schweizer Messer gibt es mit über hundert verschiedenen Klingen. Aber bisher hatte es eben keine Käseklinge. Das wird sich demnächst ändern. Im September kommt im Rahmen der neuen Werbekampagne das Schweizer Messer mit einer speziellen Käseklinge auf den Markt. In allen neuen TV-Spots wird das neuartige Schweizer Käsemesser gezeigt und dabei über den Schweizer Käse, seine Qualitäten, seine Herstellung, seine Traditionen, seine Natürlichkeit gesprochen. Mehr Infos: http://www.persoenlich.com/news/show_news.cfm?newsid=88812 Der Beitrag wurde am 03.06.10 um 13:30 Uhr bearbeitet.
English Language Machine Translation - Last updated on 03:06:10 at 11:54 clock
Switzerland Cheese Marketing starts 2010 with a new advertising campaign for Swiss cheese in Switzerland (Switzerland). Target: Consumers will increasingly look for the origin of Switzerland when they are at the cheese counter or in front of the refrigerated section and shirts. Generic advertising of Swiss cheese has to be a part of the variety of advertising and must stand out clearly on the other hand, of course, do not favor any single brand, the responsible agency New LGK writes in a press release.
This creates only an idea, an image, a symbol, a story that works on behalf of all cheeses. A good reason to reinvent the last Swiss cheese knife. Because it is the Swiss Army Knife with over a hundred different blades. But so far it had just no cheese blade. That will change soon. In September, comes as part of the new advertising campaign, the Swiss cheese knife with a special blade on the market. In all new TV commercials, the new Swiss cheese knife will be shown and discussed here about the Swiss cheese, its qualities, its production, its traditions, its naturalness. More info: http://www.persoenlich.com/news/show_news.cfm?newsid=88812 This entry was edited on 03:06:10 at 13:30 clock.
SCM Backgroud (Machine Translation)
Switzerland Cheese Marketing AG (SCM) is a non-profit organization that offers its services in the area of Marketing Communications to the market participants in the Swiss cheese industry. It operates a synergetic, effective and efficient consumer marketing for Swiss cheese. Headquartered in Bern, SCM operates in Switzerland and in the key export markets of Italy, France, Germany, Spain and the Benelux countries where it has offices and specialist teams. By combining the strengths of all industry players and, thanks to thorough market knowledge and local presence, the team experienced a significant positive contribution to the promotion of Swiss cheese. SCM is involved as a neutral and information dissemination site for the entire cheese industry.
It was reported in February 2011 that SCM had already sold out the complete initial run of 30,000 knives and was in the process of procuring another shipment of the knives expected to be delivered very shortly. Victorinox reported that this knife may be available from their Victorinox Flagship stores, but due to the exclusive marketing agreement with SCM would not be available for general retail in 2011.
A deluxe horn-scaled model was produced; See: Variations.
The Cheese Knife is introduced in the US as a Special Edition, with standard Red Nylon scales. This version was also released in Australia, and a few other markets.
- 0.8833R Victorinox AN: Original version, Red
- 0.8833.62 Victorinox AN: Horn scales
- 80833 Victorinox VSA: US Version with standard 111mm Nylon scales, and standard packaging.
- Hardwood Cheese Knife - 3 Layer model, adds standard openers layer and hardwood scales.
- Picnicker - cheese blade replaced with openers layer, adds reamer
- Alpineer - removes cheese blade (single-layer)