- Large Blade
- Gutting Blade (serrated or non-serrated)
- Wood Saw with Can/Bottle Opener - has a reputation as one of the best wood saws, although tests conducted by MTo members have questioned this.
Back Layer Tools
The Hunter and other 108mm knives do not have any non-blade tools such as the typical toothpick and tweezers. This is typical of the military knives, but rare for the civilian knives.
- Imitation Stag Antler, this is the most common material used for the scales.
- Red Nylon
- Olive Drab Nylon
- Authentic Stag, this model is believed to be the first version issued, maybe as a type of market test, and appears to be very rare.
- Length: 108mm
- Width: 18mm (nylon scales)
- Weight: 111g (nylon scales)
- The color of the Red nylon scales appears in two shades, a darker deep red, and a much brighter red. Some knives may have different shades of red on each side of the knife.
- A rare variation of the Hunter is the Fireman (not to be confused with 111mm knives of the same name), that was manufactured between 1994 and 1998. It has Red Nylon scales and a special 'Fireman's logo on the scales and the gutting-blade has the serrated edge (rescue/belt-cutter blade). The estimated production is only 2380 units. Some number of these knives were produced with a bail, according to Victorinox they did not have a unique article-number and the production volume cannot be determined.
- The Zurich Fireman, an unofficial name, is reported to be a very limited run (~1000 units) of red scaled Hunter models with a bail.
- An Authentic Stag Hunter was produced in very limited number, possibly 500 units or less.
- In 2008, Roger Remund (SwissBianco, +B), modified the Hunter by removing the saw and replacing it with a clip-point blade, thus making this a three-blade knife: spear-point blade, rescue/gutting blade (serrated), and clip-point blade. He removed the reamer but left the corkscrew. Altogether he assembled 28 of these 3-blade knives with red scales.
- Other variations reported to exist, more info required.
All the Victorinox 108mm knives are related to the original GAK, which was the first 108mm knife that was manufactured to specification under contract for the German Army.
- 5425 US SABI Number: Red Nylon scales
- 5430 US SABI Number: Imitation Stag Scales
- 0.87 80 - Victorinox AN: Red Scales
- 0.87 80.04 - Victorinox AN: Olive Green Scales
- 0.87 80.06 - Victorinox AN: Imitation Stag Scales
- 0.87 80.66 - Victorinox AN: Genuine Stag Scales
- Mauser - Gutting blade, replaced with Clip-point blade, and olive drab nylon scales.
- Safari Trooper - no Gutting blade, and has nylon scales
- Other Victorinox 108mm Models
- SAAM'S: Victorinox 108mm Series Overview