It has been available with various different scale options and also a corkscrew variation.
The original version of this model was slide-locking. The slide-lock version of this model was quite light-weight, given the tool selection and compared to other 111mm models.
Name disambiguation: There is also a 108mm Hunter/Safari Hunter model.
- Large locking blade
- Wood saw
- Combo Tool - Includes cap lifter, can opener, screwdriver with wire stripper
- Gutting Blade
Standard red, also olive drab synthetic scales, with a screen-printed image of a deer on the front handle. It is also available with camouflage coloured scales (2008), without the deer image. Early versions did not have the deer image printed on the scales.
- The Official RAF Hunter was issued to members of the Royal Air Force. See: SOSAK Article: Victorinox RAF Hunter - June 2008.
- The camouflage model (2008) replaces the Corkscrew with a Phillips Screwdriver, however neither the name or model number was changed!
- A D-Day Commemorative special run was made in 2010 featuring army coloured olive drab scales and a special printing on the top scale. The main blade tang stamp is VICTORINOX/SWISS MADE.
- A second D-Day Commemorative special run was made (2011 maybe?) featuring the same army coloured olive drab scales, and a special printing on the top scale with an illustration of the iconic Willy’s Jeep. Production is reported to be only 50 pieces.
In 2017 Victorinox completely revised their 111mm product line and ceased production of slide-lock models. The Hunter was converted to be liner-locking as part of that change.
- Length: 111mm
- Width: 18mm
- Height: 31mm (- maximum)
- Weight: 101.5g
- 0.8573 - Victorinox AN: Liner-lock, red scales
- 0.8873 Victorinox AN: Slide-lock, red scales
- 0.8873.4 - Victorinox AN: Slide-lock, olive drab scales
- 53641 - US Model: Slide-lock, red scales
- 53642 - US Model: Slide-lock, olive drab scales
- 54641 - US Model: Slide-lock, camouflage scales with Phillips in place of Corkscrew in back layer.
- Equestrian - Replaces gutting blade with hoof cleaner
- Forester - Replaces gutting blade and hoof cleaner with standard opener layer
Other models do feature a different gutting blade and the Hunter name.