The Fireman is a common 111mm 4 layer Victorinox knife. It is intended for rescue workers, and includes an Emergency/Belt Cutter blade which is not found on many models. It is one of the few, if not only, liner-locking models that is commonly available with Red nylon scales; other models being available only in black. This model is also available with a one handed (OH) opening main blade, which is known as the One Handed Fireman (OHF). This is the only liner-lock 111mm model to be previously available in a slide-lock version and use the same name. This knife is an ancestor of the Rescue Tool.Note: There is a rare 108mm model also known as the Fireman.
- Large Blade that is Liner Locking
- Emergency/Belt Cutter Blade
- Cap Lifter (Liner Locking)
- Can opener
- Wood Saw
- Keyring/Split-ring attachment point
Available with red or black nylon scales.
Weight: 149g / 155g (OH version)
- The current liner-lock Fireman has a variation known as the One Handed Fireman. This version has a blade that can be opened with one hand and the blade has a serrated edge. The ))One-Handed(( Fireman is only available with black scales.
- The One Handed Fireman Black Blade features a black-oxide coated main blade.
- In January 2010 some copies of the ))One-Handed(( Fireman (OHF) started appearing with a plain-edged main blade (OHF-PE), but the US model number for the knife remained the same (54868).
This knife is an ancestor of the Rescue Tool.
- 54865 US Model: Black scales, regular plain edge main blade
- 54866 US Model / 0.8383 Victorinox AN: Red scales, regular plain edge main blade
- 54868 US Model: One Handed model, Serrated edge main blade (see variations, plain edge also)
- 54868 US Model: One Handed black-oxide coated main blade
- Victorinox 111mm Linerlock Model Comparison
- Fireman Slide Lock Version - same basic tools with a slide-lock for the main blade
- Jumpmaster - replaces corkscrew with Phillips screwdriver.
- Rescue Tool - several differences, a newer model designed by and for rescue workers.
- Forester - removes the belt cutter blade.
- Trekker - adds corkscrew, removes Phillips and belt cutter. Serrated main blade.
- Dual Pro - locking one-handed belt cutter/emergency blade, removes saw, toothpick or tweezers
- Fireman 108mm - a rare variation of the 108mm Hunter is also known as the Fireman.