The Automobile Special name is not official; as no official name seems to exist it may have been named differently by distributors in different markets.
- Large Blade
- Small Blade
- Metal Saw/File - with nail cleaner tip.
- Can Opener - includes small-slotted screw-driver tip that works with Phillips also.
- Cap-Lifter - includes slotted screw-driver, wire stripper/bender, and wire-scraper.
Red Cellidor, with Antique Auto inlay on the top scale.
- Earlier square shank Phillips driver.
- Fine screwdriver on the back; this version seems less common.
- Promotional etching on main-blade.
The article number 1.4642.73 and was produced between ~1974 and 1989. In 1980 the new round Phillips screwdriver was introduced and in 1984 the reamer was produced with an additional sewing eye.
- Length: 91mm
- Width: 16.6mm
- Weight: 81g
- 1.4642.73 Victorinox AN: Red Cellidor with antique automobile inlay.
- 1.4643.73 Victorinox AN: Red Cellidor with antique automobile inlay, includes keyring.
- Clipper - Corkscrew replaces Phillips, optional keyring, no special scale inlay
- Automobile - Technician’s screwdriver replaces small pen-blade, St. Christopher inlay or no inlay.
- Hiker - Woodsaw replaces metal saw/file.
- Grand Prix - Newer 4 layer model, adds scissors (may have backside fine screwdriver)