The Adventurer is a slim 2-layer Victorinox 111mm knife with a locking plain edge blade. Note: The 108mm Solo was initially named the Adventurer.
Back Layer Tools
Red Nylon - contains grey release button for lock on main blade
- Boy Scouts of America version with BSA logo screen printed on the scales.
- Boy Scouts of America version with BSA logo and serrated blade.
- BGS (Bundesgrenzschutz - German Border Police) version with white German Eagle on olive drab scales and BUND etched on blade. This was the official knife of the German Border Police until they adopted the Trekker (Trailmaster).
- Length: 111mm
- Width: 15.5mm
- Weight: 81.9g
- 53601 US Model: plain-edge blade.
- 55602 US Model: BSA logo, and serrated blade.
- 1256 SABI US Model: early BSA model number
- 1001 SABI US Model: early BSA model number w/serrated blade
- 0.8953 Victorinox AN: standard configuration
- Victorinox 111mm Slide Lock Model Comparison
- Picnicker - replaces Phillips with Corkscrew, can contains a serrated or regular plain main blade
- Rucksack - adds wood saw, and corkscrew replaces Phillips screwdriver
- Alpineer - removes opener layer, and reamer
- Centurion - almost the same knife, uses the new liner-lock system, rather than the slide-lock
- Tinker - The 91mm version of this knife